Saturday, August 13, 2005

Family Blog

I've decided to start this blog purely for family history purposes. My research interests are, in the main, RANDLE, WOOD, BARRETT, TEAGUE, EVESON, TITCOMB, KENDRICK, CHAPMAN and their connections. I'll start with a few Randle photos. The first is of the wedding in 1930 of Eddie Randle to Olive Taylor. Seated far right front row is Eddie's mother Beatrice nee Barrett next to her daughter Dorothy. My father Walter is on the far left, Ben Randle fourth from left, Jack Randle second from right. Sadly, Beatrice's husband Tom Randle, died the year before and the wedding had to be postponed.



I still possess the dress that was worn by my grandmother. It is in quite poor condition, but here is a sample of the beaded hem.



This photo was taken in spring 1944. Ben RANDLE had just returned from military duty in North Africa and Palestine. The toddler at the front is myself with my cousins Eileen and Sheila Randle and my auntie Dorothy. Back row Ben Randle, his wife Hilda nee Simkiss, Jack Randle, Alfred Taylor, Marjorie nee Wood(my mother), Beatrice nee Barrett, Walter Randle (my father) and Olive nee Taylor. Missing, probably behind the camera, Eddie Randle.

Now for a more recent picture. This was taken on the occasion of the ruby wedding of my cousin Sheila and her husband Roy in June 1998.


Seated front Rachel and Sam, Sheila and Roy's grandchildren.

Second row - David Eileen's son, Roy, Sheila, Eileen, Annette.

Back row - Second from right, Brian Sheila and Roy's son, third from right Marjorie. Others are Roy's brothers and inlaws.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great family photos. Hold on to all of the familly history that you can because few families have photos from as far back as 1930.